Software application development of the GIS system of the province of Brescia
NERAtech has been selected as the company authorized to supply software application development services for the GIS system of the Province of Brescia and annual maintenance for the year 2017.
This supply includes the following objectives:
- conversion of the entire cartographic database managed by the GIS and Cartography Office of the Province of Brescia, made up of vector and raster elements, with a size of approximately 650 Gb, from the national reference system Monte Mario/Italy Zone 1 (3003) to international system WGS84/UTM Zone 32N (32632). To carry out the conversion, ad hoc Python modules were created which, supported by metadata catalogs, made it possible to migrate all the objects saved through the use of IGM grids;
- development of software for the conversion of municipal DBTs from the Province of Brescia format to the Lombardy Region GeoUML format and vice versa. To this end, an online portal has been implemented for the creation of meta-information which allows the structure of all the existing feature classes in the provincial GeoDatabase to be converted with those provided by the GeoUML catalogue. Subsequently, through a Python module implemented ad hoc using pandas, GeoPandas and Fiona, the SQL instructions necessary for massive loading into the PostgreSQL/PostGIS structure of the GeoUML and vice versa were created;
- preparation of a special server and installation of the validation software (GeoUML Validator offered by the Spatial DB Group of the Milan Polytechnic) of the DBTs in GeoUML format;
- development of software for redirecting the entire database constituting the services displayed on the Geoportal of the Province of Brescia (about 150 mxd) from the current database to the database obtained following the conversion from the national reference system to the international system;
- development of a software for converting the structure of the municipal DBTs, produced according to the Technical Specifications of the Lombardy Region 2017, to the database of the Province of Brescia. In particular, using this software, a complete database of polygonal geometry shapes must be generated from the regional delivery DBT.